As I look back on the month of July, I’m pretty happy with what I was able to accomplish. I got out and hiked on eleven different occasions throughout the course of the month. Here’s a quick look at what I was up to:
- July 1st: Mount Sniktau (13er)- 3.5 Miles
- July 2nd: Centennial Cone Park- 12.5 Miles
- July 4th: Pikes Peak (14er)- 14 Miles
- July 8th: Deer Creek Canyon Park- 2.65 Miles
- July 9th: Vasquez Peak (12er)- 12.4 Miles
- July 14th: Loveland Pass Lake- 1 Mile
- July 16th: Mount Evans Wilderness- 14.85 Miles
- July 22nd: Bear Peak- 5.7 Miles
- July 23rd: Mount Parnassus (13er) and Woods Mountain (12er)- 7.9 Miles
- July 29th: Lily Mountain- 3.8 Miles
- July 30th: Herman Lake- 6.8 Miles
- Total Miles Hiked in July 2019: 85.1 Miles
- Total Miles Hiked in 2019 so far: 309.54 Miles
Overall, I hiked to the summit of one 14er, two 13ers and two 12ers. In addition to that, I hiked to the summit of some smaller peaks on those mornings that I got off work and still had some energy. I originally planned on writing a post about Bear Peak near Boulder but scrapped that due to the fact that it was so foggy that entire morning.
For my hike on July 16th, I ended up getting most of the way to Abyss Lake before I somehow took a wrong turn. But I ended up finding an excellent spot to meditate! That in itself made it all worth it.
Aside from that, I figured I would share some more photos that I took throughout the month:
I’m both glad and thankful that I was able to get out and explore throughout July 2019. Not only did I see a lot of cool places, I also feel like I experienced some self growth as well.